Monday 20 February 2012

Forging ahead....

Let me start by apologizing, I have currently signed up to Wyrd Miniatures Iron Painter competition, this grueling event puts painters head to head with two weeks to paint to a given theme, the winner advances to the next round and the cycle starts again. his may take up a bit of my free time so I may not be able to post as much as I would like.

For this post I would like to look at a book I picked up for myself a a christmas present.Warhammer Forge's Tamurkhan-Throne of Chaos.
This is one sexy book, beautifully presented and full colour. It starts with the full story behind the book to be honest I have not got around to reading through it all yet, but it has very pretty pictures.

Next comes some new troop types for the Chaos and Empire armies, these have some fun looking options especially the chaos stuff which focuses on my favourite of all the chaos gods Papa Nurgle.

Chaos Dwarfs finally see some love with their own list. With the crazy machines of destruction they definitely add something a little different in terms of armies, having a look at the Abyssal Dwarfs from Mantic there are definite ways to do this army on the cheap. 

But I am sure you can find enough reviews ranting on about these things and how they work in game, the bit that I am most excited about however is the campaign section. I will discuss this in more depth in my next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment