Saturday 18 February 2012

Everything you have been told is a lie....

Let me start by saying that the last year of gaming for me has been a bad one, not in the terms of playing games, but in the terms of the associated rubbish that I have had to contend with.
Within the local gaming scene I have witnessed two coups taking over things in my wargaming scene, I have copped abuse for being a thieving apathetic meglomanic, I have been abused because of where I happen to live.I have seen price rises, trade embargoes and censorship on forums when people ask questions.
Finally I have seen the hobby I love become a soulless abomination, every tournament a carbon copy of the last and the same optimized armies getting dredged out over and over again in the hope of advancing ones position in the supposed wargaming elite.

I am old and I am tired now, I have been an active member of this hobby for a long time, but it is time to take a serious look at it. Most of the things I have witnessed over the last year can be put down to one thing...... organized wargaming.

It seems to me we now have some form of Wargaming Illuminati a small group of people telling us how to enjoy our hobby, if you are not playing the set points limit with the set restrictions then you are playing wrong.I have decided I will no longer conform, I will not continue in the hopeless pursuit of the insignificant offerings to keep people in line. I am taking my gaming back to where it started in a garage with some mates..... I have freed my mind.

This blog will therefore not debate the optimal units from a given army, nor how to defeat x or y soulless list from the internet, but will instead focus on playing games differently, changing up the points you play and running campaigns. I will even be looking at a lot of other games that are not part of the offerings from the larger companies.

So you have the choice join me and take the Red Pill or take The Blue Pill and return to your everyday life. 

2 comments: